top of page
The winery was built in 1850 by a religious brotherhood called the Marianists.
They were quite specialized in agronomy and selected Coubeyrac for its key location, its terroir and optimal sun exposure.
The brotherhood of priests took in numerous orphans; whom where given shelter, as well as an education in religion, viticulture and winemaking.
In 1905, France became a secular state. The wealth of the church was taken by the state.
The winery was divided up into different estates and then sold in auction, in 1906.
The Marianists were forced to leave France. They resettled in Spain.
Our Lady of the Fields
Placed at the entrance of the estate in 1890
to protect the harvest.
bottom of page